Sixth Meeting of India - Qatar Joint Committee on Labour and Manpower Development
December 10, 2020
1. The Sixth Meeting of India- Qatar Joint Committee on Labour and Manpower Development was held virtually on December 09, 2020. The Indian delegation was led by Shri Abbagani Ramu, Joint Secretary (OIA-I), Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India and the Qatari delegation was led by Mr. Mohammed Hassan Alobaidly, Assistant Undersecretary for Labour Affairs, Ministry of Administrative Development, Labor and Social Affairs, State of Qatar.
2. The meeting provided an opportunity to discuss and review the entire gamut of labour and manpower cooperation related issues between the two countries.
3. They welcomed the recent labour reform measures adopted by Qatar. Both sides agreed on institutionalizing measures to promote and protect the rights of the workers, including settlement of labour issues and facilitate movement of people between the two countries, in a safe and secure manner.
4. The Qatari side expressed positive sentiments towards Indian workers and professionals and the contributions they have made to regional development.
5. It was agreed to hold the next round of meeting in Qatar at mutually convenient dates.